Wednesday 8 February 2012

Lovin' Levy.

Levenshulme is underrated! I love living just far enough out of the City centre but near enough to not feel detached from friends.There's a real sense of community here, everyone says 'Morning' as you're walking down the street, which is fantastic!

I've managed to hunt out some real treasures of Levy & I hope you'll take a trip here someday! It's only 5 mins form Piccadilly..

1.


This husband & wife run cafe is situated on Stockport road. Come here for a quiet cuppa or poached eggs on toast, or pick up a jar of tasty home made preserve or cake! Very laid back. Sometimes they'll randomly host events, recently having a vintage clothing sale, which I blimmin missed! Limited menu but a gem that you'd seldom find in Levy a year ago.




2.


Levenshulme Antiques Village. What a magnificent Aladdin's cave of wonders! Every time I visit this place I feel excited and overwhelmed by all the antiques on offer! I especially like the shops that are crammed full of bits n pieces. There's one shop (name escapes me) where I go in and the chap owner always tells me some interesting fact about whatever random object I'm eyeing up.I did buy something from him the other day, for a project I'm working on! He obviously loves his job. There's so much to see. It also has a teeny weeny cafe amongst the maze of rooms and stair cases. Serving a good brew , jacket potatoes and a full English. There's a nice courtyard leading to more sheds and reclamation huts! Definitely worth a visit, especially if you own a car.





3.


Post Office Deli is a wonderful, homely place. The food is smashing. I've been here quite a few times now. I've eaten falafel burgers and bought some great cheese too. It's basically one side of an operational Post Office on Albert Road. It has outside seating and an alcohol license in place. It serves unusual bottled lagers and ciders. POD puts on gigs for the locals which I want to check out one day. It's such a great little place in an unexpected location. It really needs the support of the local community so I aim on going there as often as possible!




Levy Links..

http://www.thewesley.org.uk/
http://www.levenshulmefestival.co.uk/venue_levenshulme-library
http://www.lev-inspire.org.uk/

1 comment: