Tuesday 14 February 2012

I've gone DIY craft crazy! Part 1. Paper Bunting

Saw this at a vintage fair in Stockport one Sunday, selling for quite a dear price. Told myself 'I can do that'. So I did.

You will need:
Sewing machine, threaded up and raring to go.
Ribbon- at least 1.5m to get a good run.
Books, whatever you desire, good ones are Nature, Maps, Interior.
Bunting template, cut out of stiff card- browse through your books and decide on a suitable size to get the best out of the pages.
Pen.
scissors.
Pins, if required.

I managed to get a bag of hard backs from a Chazza for £1 and the ribbon from a Paper chase sale at £1 for 3 metres. Yes the whole lot for £2.



Simply choose desired images, place template on the page- check you're not cutting through an ace image on reverse, draw around it and then chop them out. Good whilst watching a film. I've recently watched 'Eagle vs Shark' It's brilliant.

You should end up with a pile of these..



Next fold the ribbon in half and hold a bunting piece in the middle and just sew along- you can pin them but I found it easier to just free style and just keep slotting the bunting pieces into the ribbon in a random fashion.




Lovely stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment