Wednesday 8 February 2012

Nexus Art Cafe




Possibly the most welcoming and acest cafe in Manchester without question. Nexus art cafe. The home of pop up exhibitions and a proper brew, book swapping and couch laying, amazing cakes and the thickest cut bread I have ever seen. All the things I love. I also value the fact that the heating dial has been turned just that couple of notches higher than average, which to me is just right, being the little weed that I am; so it is always toasty warm.
You can park your butt on anything from an old arm chair complete with random patches of embroidery, you can imagine someone getting their needle n thread out mid brownie! to a wicker throne that encases you with ginormous plump cushions. The food's honest and home made, as a vegetarian there's mountains of choice but there are meaty options too. The cakes are freakin lovely. You'll stumble across people from all different walks of life and all ages. They'll read, write poetry, chat, knit, play scrabble.

Nexus hosts exhibitions and guest speakers as well as life drawing and other skills based workshops. There is something for everyone. Nexus doesn't sell alcohol which gives it a different vibe in the evenings, so chilled.OK so the ladies toilets have a habit of flooding so you have to use the ones above that belong to the gospel church but it adds to the experience if you ask me! The staff are really friendly and I think you'd struggle to find something negative to say about any of it!

It is also the home of my beloved nexus running club or NRC. I've met so many wonderful and interesting people since attending the running club back in May and it's all thanks to this marvellous cafe.

A must visit If you're ever in Manchester. Everyone welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love this place - I love the fact that its purpose is primarily to build community, rather than profit, profit, profit. That said, their cakes indeed rock. And the NRC is the best. Great people, great runs. x

    ReplyDelete