Sunday 16 October 2011

Outerwear fit for a northern winter & stylish too.

Winter is coming and everyone is banging on about 'the coat' I've mainly wrapped myself up in sheep skin coats from The Chazzas, I have two so far and I'm sure I'll add another one to the mix before long. They really are the warmest of coats! This year I've been searching for a suitable alternative, as although sheep skins never fail me, they do have a tendency to look a bit bulky and unfeminine. Furthermore they are incredibly tricky to clean with most dry cleaners not accepting them due to the expense. I've modelled (very badly) two that I have picked up thus far.

The first is a heavy, wool, military style, midi length coat in midnight navy. I wouldn't usually go for this shape but I really love it! It cost 6 pounds from Age Concern. It didn't have a single mark on it and it also didn't smell musty or old. TOTAL FIND.




It reminded me of this one from Gucci, but it wasn't 2,210 quid... yikes!

The second is probably one of my favourite finds of 2011. Capes are due for a resurgence again, seeing as though Autumn is about the only time you can wear one. Also coats in 'pop' colours are huge news. I noticed there were some in Primani the other day, change the buttons people and no one will know. So here is my offering, one a-ma-zing letter box, red, wool cape, again modelled by me, tit. It's just got to get that bit more colder and I'll be strutting in this bad boy. Cost 7 quid from East Cheshire Hospice Chazza.






Above cape Sonia By Sonia Rykiel 500 quid and below M Missoni 725 quid.



I actually think mine trumps the lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment